Thanks for choosing us!
We understand that gender is fluid and we support people across the gender spectrum with health care needs to affirm their gender in ways that are meaningful to them.
What we offer:
- Primary Health Care in a non-judgmental and caring environment
- Providers that are experienced and trained – but always happy to learn new things
- Access to medication and hormonal therapy for transitioning including monitoring and filling out any pesky government forms!
- Access and referrals to experienced mental health professionals that can support you through this journey (and help us tick that box on the OHIP forms!)
- Referrals for Gender-Affirming Surgery (GRS) including assistance with all related OHIP and specialist forms
- Referrals for mental health support as needed
- Ongoing care during hormonal therapy, prepping for surgery and care after surgery
We are happy to work with your primary care provider or be your go to Doc – it’s up to you. Learn more here
Sexuality and Gender Equity (SAGE) Thunder Bay – Community support group to improve the health and well being of LGBTQ people for adults and teens
Thunder Pride Association – A safe, supportive and empowering community for 2SLGBTIAQ+
Lakehead University Pride Central – Pride Central is a lobbying, advocacy, peer support, and referral service centre that provides a safe space for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, two-spirit, and queer students and community members.
Gender Journeys – A free 8-week group that explores gender identity and roles and will provide reliable, up to date information on these topics. The group is also designed to create a space to foster community support and connection. This group will respect the diversity of gender expressions.
The Other 10% – A space safe for LBGTTIQA+ 12 to 25 years old
LGBTQI2S+ Support Lines
Lesbian Gay Bi Trans YouthLine
Trans Lifeline (for Canadian callers)
- Birth Control
- Emergency Contraception
- HIV Testing & Prevention
- IUD Insertions & Removals
- Pap Testing
- Pregnancy Testing & Options
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Transgender Healthcare
- Other Services