Gender Affirming Healthcare
We support gender fluidity and appreciate that gender is a spectrum. We wish to promote better LGBTQI2S+ health outcomes by improving access to care within our community.
What we offer:
- Gender affirming healthcare in a non-judgmental and caring environment
- Providers that are trained by Rainbow Health Ontario
- Access to gender affirming medication and monitoring
- Referrals for gender affirming surgery including pre- and post-op care
Sexuality and Gender Equity (SAGE) Thunder Bay is a community support group improving the health and well being of LGBTQ adults and teens.
Thunder Pride Association is a safe, supportive and empowering community for 2SLGBTIAQ+.
Lakehead University Pride Central is a lobbying, advocacy, peer support, and referral service centre that provides a safe space for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, two-spirit, and queer students and community members.
Gender Journeys is a free 8-week group that explores gender identity and roles and will provide reliable, up to date information on these topics. The group is also designed to create a space to foster community support and connection. This group will respect the diversity of gender expressions.
The Other 10% is a safe space for LBGTTIQA+ 12 to 25 years old.
Rainbow Health Ontario is a program that offers opportunities for the healthcare system to better serve LGBT2SQ communities.
World Professional Association for Transgender Health is a non-profit, interdisciplinary professional and educational organization devoted to transgender health.
LGBTQI2S+ Support Lines
Lesbian Gay Bi Trans YouthLine
- Call toll-free 1-800-268-9688, or
- SMS or texting to 1-647-694-4275
Trans Lifeline (for Canadian callers)
- Call toll-free 1-877-330-6366
- Birth Control
- Emergency Contraception
- Gender Affirming Healthcare
- HIV Testing & Prevention
- IUD Insertions & Removals
- Pap Testing
- Pregnancy Testing & Options
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Other Services