Lice are insects, sometimes called “crabs” that feed on human blood. These tiny little vampires will nest in hair on the body, including pubic hair and feed on the blood of their host (you) and lay small eggs (nits)…..that will hatch into tiny little vampires who will nest in your hair…. well you get the idea.
How would I get it?
- Spread through intimate sexual and non-sexual contact with an infected partner
- The lice can also live in bedding, towels and clothing for 1 to 2 days
How will I know I have it?
- Skin irritation and swelling with itchiness and redness
- Tiny little creepy crawling things stuck to your hair or skin
- Louse feces, small black sand-like particles
- Small blue spots on the skin where the lice have bitten
How do I get tested?
- We test for lice by finding “crabs” lice or evidence of eggs (nits) in pubic hair
What if I test positive?
- Medicated creams or shampoos are required for treatment
Need more info? Learn more here
- Birth Control
- Emergency Contraception
- HIV Testing & Prevention
- IUD Insertions & Removals
- Pap Testing
- Pregnancy Testing & Options
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Transgender Healthcare
- Other Services