Plan B Also Known As “The Morning After Pill”
Sometimes Plan A does not work! We get it. Plan B is best taken as soon as possible after unprotected sex, within 12 hours ideally but can be effective up to 72 hours.
Here are your options:
- Book and appointment with us ASAP – we can assess what you need and give you a prescription which would be fully covered by OHIP+ and most drug plans
- Go directly to a local pharmacy (about $40) or the Thunder Bay District Health Unit ($5) – you do not need a prescription but there will be a cost to you.
Please be advised: Unfortunately if your weight is 165lbs or more, Plan B may not be an effective choice for you. Plan B may also be affected by other medications you take so if you have any concerns or questions please contact us for an appointment.
- Birth Control
- Emergency Contraception
- HIV Testing & Prevention
- IUD Insertions & Removals
- Pap Testing
- Pregnancy Testing & Options
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Transgender Healthcare
- Other Services