Plan B Also Known As “The Morning After Pill”
Sometimes Plan A does not work! We get it. Plan B is best taken as soon as possible after unprotected sex (within 12 hours ideally but can be effective taken up to 72 hours).
Here are your options:
- Come see us ASAP – we can assess what you need and give you a prescription and often the medication right on site. (Fully covered by OHIP-plus and most drug plans with a prescription)
- Go directly to a local pharmacy (about $40) or the Thunder Bay District Health Unit ($5) – you do not need a prescription but there will be a cost to you.
NOTE: Unfortunately if your weight is 165lbs or more, Plan B may not be an effective choice for you.
Plan B may also be affected by other medications you take so if you have any concerns or questions PLEASE COME SEE US.
Learn more at www.Planb.ca
- Birth Control Options
- Emergency Contraception
- HIV Testing & Prevention
- IUD Insertions & Removals
- Pregnancy Testing & Options
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Transgender Healthcare
- Other Services