Unplanned and unprotected sex happens – sometimes completely out of your control. The good news is that emergency contraception is a safe way to prevent pregnancy in these cases. We can help provide you with the right emergency contraception ASAP!
What are your options?
- Plan B also known as “the morning after pill”: This is a one pill option you can take up to 72 hours after unprotected sex. You can get Plan B with or without a prescription as it is now sold over-the-counter. But we are happy to talk with you about this option or if you have coverage and want a prescription. Please be advised there is a weight restriction of less than 165lbs.
- Ella: Another one pill option (Ulipristal acetate 30 mg, ella®) with NO weight restriction, can be taken up to 5 days after unprotected sex, and requires a prescription.
- Copper IUD: Copper Intrauterine Device (IUD) is most effective up to 7 days after unprotected sex and requires a prescription and insertion. You can always keep it in for 5 years if you wish for longer pregnancy prevention!
- Birth Control
- Emergency Contraception
- HIV Testing & Prevention
- IUD Insertions & Removals
- Pap Testing
- Pregnancy Testing & Options
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Transgender Healthcare
- Other Services